The British Council Tokyo Blog IASP1

On this site you are free to talk about yourself, your interests, your experiences learning English, give your opinions and ask questions. And of course it's completely private so please feel free to say what you like!

Friday, February 03, 2006

My tastes in food

When I was 20 years old I decided to become a vegetarian. In fact after two years I changed my mind because I missed meat too much – especially chicken! However I still like vegetarian food – especially cooked vegetables. I love carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, pumpkins – the list goes on.

I like simple fresh food and so I like French, Thai, Japanese food (sushi of course) and Italian food.

One thing I especially like is Italian ‘contorni’ (see the photo above). This is served in restaurants in the south of Italy, before the main meal. It’s like a self-service buffet, and there are different plates of vegetables which have been cooked slowly in olive oil. The oil is then drained and then fresh oil – or vinegar, is added. My favourite is courgette with garlic and mint.

The only thing I don’t eat is MacDonald’s!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home